How Can I Sell Photos Online? - Make Extra Money Selling Your Photos Online

Making money working for yourself has become a very accessible task nowadays. With all the new business opportunities the Internet provides, it is almost hard not to find a business model that suits you. One of these opportunities is selling digital photos on the Internet. You might be wondering: How can I sell Photos online? I am not a professional photographer, nor do I have an expensive digital camera.

Well, as a matter of fact, these are not crucial requirements anymore! Anyone (and I really mean anyone) can earn money from photography; there are no special skills required. You will need a digital camera that takes nice photos and a will to succeed. I myself use a 8 MP camera from BenQ, nothing fancy, and see great results day after day! And I am not an expert photographer or anything.

As a matter of fact, I stumbled upon this opportunity after a trip to Thailand during which I took about 4000 photos, with the purpose of selling them afterwards. I was already familiar with the concept, earning a few dollars now and then, selling photos taken around my city. But the photos taken in Thailand brought me a little more than $10,000 in just a couple of months!

But enough about me already! How can you sell photos online? Where can you start from?

The truth is that there is a whole bunch of opportunities to sell your photos online, but you will have to do a little filtering yourself and choose the ones that work best for you. Probably the best known way to make money from photography is selling your work on specialized stock photo websites. Here, you will basically upload the photos you have taken, set your prices, depending on the size and quality of the photo, and wait for buyers. This method is actually responsible for the biggest part of my income.

A different approach that works well is advertising your photos to people that are in need of fresh content, such as bloggers, website designers or magazine writers. Just by performing a Google search, you will be able to find lots of forums that gather together a significant number of such people. Make an account, participate in discussions and make your offer to people who might be interested (Do not to spam!). The best part of this approach is that a good percentage of buyers coming from forums will eventually come back to you after a while, willing to buy more photos.

One more way to earn some cash from your photos is printing them out as posters and selling them on websites like EBay. I myself don't use this method since it is more demanding, but it can be a great little earner if used correctly.

There is no reason why you shouldn't give this a try. I didn't have any experience at all when I started, but still managed to make it in this industry. All you need to do is try and not give up!

When it comes to complete beginners trying to make money selling photos online, I can mention my friend Jessica and her quest to making $3000 per month. She started a few months ago and already managed to make a little more than $2000 a month, so her journey is coming to an end. At How to How to Sell Your Photos, you can find a report of her progress and learn a lot from her experience. Make sure you check it out!

Gilbert Robinson is a professional photographer making a living out of his passion.


Original article

No comments: